It is recommended to use Castrol Edge 5W-40 Motor Oil if you have Audi Q5. This oil is good for better durability and acceleration of your Audi Q5 because of its thick viscosity, even at normal temperatures. It is essential to change your engine oil when needed. By that, you can ensure a reliable and long engine life. When changing the engine oil, you will question yourself, “What type of oil for Audi Q5?”. Don’t get stressed! We are here to help you to find the best oil for your Audi. Read this article to the end and grab the information you want to know when changing the oil of your Audi Q5.
What Type of Oil Does the Audi Q5 Require?
You have to use the right type of oil and the right grade of oil for Audi Q5, according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. All engines on the Q5 are compatible with the trusted Castrol Edge 5W-40 Motor Oil. It has been approved by Audi/VW and meets the necessary specifications.
The viscosity grade of each engine oil will be indicated on the container. This will resemble 5W-40, 5W-30, or 0W-20 in appearance. This grading helps you to make sure you acquire the right type of oil by determining the density of the oil.
Lower oil viscosity grades will make the oil more fluid and thinner. And the oil will be thick and less runny as the grades rise.
Maximum heat and pressure are produced by the Audi q5’s extremely efficient engine. Up to 10% of an engine’s performance can be lost due to excessive pressure, and a lot of heat can weaken an engine’s basic capabilities.
The Castrol Edge 5W-40 Motor Oil is made to handle the heat and engine pressure produced by heavy friction.
This motor oil has the strength needed to safeguard the engine of modern vehicles thanks to the technology on which it is based.
We rank the Castrol Edge 5W-40 as the finest engine oil because of its high level of protection and performance for the Audi Q5.
How to Check the Oil Level in an Audi Q5?
By following the below steps, you can check the oil level of your car. This might be slightly different from one model to another in Audi Q5 from year to year. But these are the basic steps.
- Turn on your vehicle, and the screen of your Audi Q5 will turn on.
- Select the “Car” or “Vehicle” option there. You can find a small knob near the hand brake of the vehicle. You can also use it to select the things on the screen.
- Under “Car” options, choose “Services and Checking”.
- Scroll down, and you will find “Oil level”. Select it using the knob.
- There, it will display the oil level of your car.
Make sure your car has been idling for a little bit and gets to operating temperature for an accurate reading. If your oil level is at the minimum mark, add oil until it reaches the maximum level.
The Importance of Using the Correct Oil in your Audi
Mainly you have to use the correct oil in your Audi for the maximum and best performance of the engine. Further, below are other facts to show the importance of using the correct oil in your Audi Q5.
- Avoids oil failure and prevents causing damage to the engine by using improper oil.
- Using the correct oil is excellent for burning and engine-facing oil leaks.
- It Lessens rubbing and evenly disperses the heat.
- Operate better and burn petrol more efficiently.
- Prevents friction and unneeded power loss.
- Lubricating all the component parts of the engine well.
- Improves the fuel economy
- Protects the emission system
- Maintain your engine in top condition even in the most difficult circumstances.
- Ensures a long life span.
Even while you can still drive the car with bad engine oil, doing so increases the danger of harming the components and the moving parts of the engine, which causes decreasing the engine’s lifespan and reliability.
How to Change the Oil in an Audi?
Given below are steps to follow when changing the oil in your Audi Q5.
- Open your Audi’s door and find the latch by the driver’s left foot or on the left side below the driver’s seat. By pulling it, the bonnet of the Audi will pop.
- Lift the hood of the bonnet and find the “Dipstick”. Nowadays, Audis don’t come with a dipstick, but you can find a tube there.
- Remove the engine cover and find the oil filler cap, dipstick tube and oil filter.
- Open the Engine oil filler cap and insert the widest extraction tube that will fit into the dipstick tube. Insert it until you hit the bottom of the oil pan.
- Pump the extractor until it extracts the engine oil. After 5 minutes, go ahead and loosen the oil filter so that it also can drain.
- Install a new oil filter and tighten it.
- Add new engine oil. You have to pour the amount of oil that you’ve removed from the system when adding new oil. Check the oil level, as we mentioned previously.
- Once you are satisfied with the oil level, reinstall the oil filler cap and the cover.
- You are ready to go!
Where to Buy the Recommended Oil for an Audi Q5?
The oil we recommended for your Audi Q5 is Castrol Edge 5W-40 Motor Oil. You can buy it at various stores, including auto parts stores, authorized dealerships and also online! Below are some popular retailers that carry Castrol Edge 5W-40 Motor Oil:
- Advance Auto Parts
- Pep Boys
- O’Reilly Auto Parts
- Napa Auto Parts
What Type of Oil does a 2014 Audi Q5 Take?
It is recommended to take full synthetic oil such as 5W-40 or 5W-30. 2014 Audi Q5 usually needs synthetic motor oil that matches with is VW 502 00 specification.
However, it is better to refer to your owner’s manual before purchasing any type of oil.
If you don’t have your owner’s manual with you, contact an authorized dealership or professional for getting advice on oil recommendations and other related things.
Can I Use 5W40 in Audi?
Yes, you can use 5W40 in Audi with its specifications. But it is recommended to stick to your owner’s manual because the type of oil changes with the specific model, year and engine type. Using the correct type of engine oil with proper viscosity is important for the maximum performance of your car engine.
Watch this one,
Video Credits – Its MechaniCole
You May Also Like
- Do Electric Cars Use Oil – Fluids Used By An Electric Car
- How To Reset Oil Life On Honda Civic? And How It Works