If you are torn between what electric car you must choose from the 2021 edition, Volkswagen ID 4 and Tesla Model Y are the top choices. But, because of the equal demands in the industry and high sales, people are confused about what electric car they should invest in. As a result, it has become normal for people to compare the 2021 Volkswagen ID 4 and 2021 Tesla Model Y, to find out which car is better. If you are Uncertain about your decision, it should not be your concern anymore, as you are at the right place. Because this article will be your savior for all the uncertainties in choosing between the 2021 Volkswagen ID 4 vs 2021 Tesla Model Y.
Hence, we will be discussing by 2021 Volkswagen ID 4 vs 2021 Tesla Model Y in the article, comparing the two electric vehicles, making it easier to select which car suits you better. Remember to stick with us and keep reading until the end, as the article will discuss more insightful topics related to the two electric cars.
How Do Models in the ID 4 and Model Y Differ?
If you want to find out which electric car suits best for you, you must first figure out what makes the Volkswagen ID 4 and Tesla Model Y different. Hence, below are some of the significant differences in the models.
- The 2021 Tesla Model Y is larger than the 2021 Volkswagen ID 4 model. It is 187 inches long and 75.6 inches wide. In contrast, the Volkswagen ID 4, car’s length is 180 inches and 72.9 inches in width.
- The batteries in an electric car play a crucial part in fuel-powered vehicles. Hence, the Tesla Model Y battery can last up to 120,000 miles while the Volkswagen, if efficient, for the first 100,000 miles.
- When buying an electric car, it is critical to notice how long it can run on a charge. Though the Volkswagen charges faster than the Tesla Model Y, it can only run 250 miles after a full charge. But, Tesla Model Y is ahead because the charge can last approximately 326 miles.
What are the Performance Specs of the ID 4 and Model Y?
When investing in a car, most buyers consider performance because cars are usually long-term investments, and you will want them to last longer. It is vital to ensure the car is easy and smooth to handle as it drives at higher speeds.
When comparing the performance of the Volkswagen ID 4 and Tesla Model Y they have good performance in different ways. Because the Volkswagen ID 4 cannot withstand when the speed increases but the Tesla Model Y is sportier and can reach higher speeds.
However, the Volkswagen ID 4 is gentle but because of the stiff suspension, the rides can be rough in the Tesla Model Y.
Hence, when comparing the performance of the two electric vehicles to invest in, the choice depends on you considering what they offer.
If you are looking for a sportier vehicle, Tesla Model Y would be best and the Volkswagen ID 4 is recommended for smoother and gentle rides.
How Do the Features of the ID 4 and Model Y Compare?
Most buyers are uncertain about what to buy when it comes to the Tesla Model Y and Volkswagen ID 4 because of their close similarities and the increased demand. Hence, comparing the features can help you find which model stands out in the features. Below are the features of ID 4 and Model Y compared and listed.
- The Tesla Model Y has an increased towing capacity and can withstand a maximum of 3,500 pounds, but the Volkswagen, in contrast, has a maximum 2,700 pounds maximum towing capacity.
- Adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist, blind spot monitoring, and rear park assist features are available in both electric cars.
- The Tesla also has a larger room for cargo than the Volkswagen ID 4. Tesla Model Y has allocated 76 cubic feet for cargo, while the Volkswagen has a maximum of 64.2 cubic feet.
- The cars also share features like a touchscreen, Panoramic glass roof, wireless charging, USB ports, and Heated seats.
- A distance of 113.8 inches wheelbase is made in the Tesla Model Y, while the wheelbase in the Volkswagen ID 4 is 108.7 inches.
- The Tesla Model Y and Volkswagen ID 4 are rated equal SUV warranties up to 4 years or 50,000 miles.
What are the ID 4 and Model Y Prices, and Which Offers the Better Value?
The budget allocated to invest in electric cars is important. Hence you will want to know which car offers a better value for the specification.
The 2021 Tesla Model Y costs approximately $53,000, but the 2021 Volkswagen ID 4, in contrast, is much lesser and will only cost $43,000. Thus, comparing the two prices, it is clear that the Tesla Model costs $10,000 more than the Volkswagen Model.
Tesla is expensive because of its upgraded features and because it is a luxury brand. As a result, you pay extra cash with the extra add-ons.
The Volkswagen shares the same features and specs as the Tesla, but the grades are less than the Tesla Model Y.
What are the Safety Ratings of the ID 4 and Model Y?
It is normal to be concerned about safety when investing in cars because accidents have been too common these, as the vehicles and population rates keep increasing.
Hence considering the safety rating of the two electric vehicles, the Tesla Model Y scores 364 out of 400 in the Euro’s NCAP -Safety car of the year, which is the best recorded by Tesla. Volkswagen also has a 5 out of star rating for safety, reviewed by the customers.
In the article, 2021 Volkswagen ID 4 vs 2021 Tesla Model Y, we have contemplated the differences between the vehicles, including the performance, features, and prices. We have also reviewed the safety ratings of the two vehicles to make them insightful. Hence, after the article, the car you prefer to invest in depends on your budget and preferences.
Watch this video,
Video Credits – DPCcars
You May Also Like